When I am standing on stage accepting my Academy Award..It wont be a surprise!

Monday, November 05, 2007

Weekend Get-Away

This past weekend was a great one, I went to New York for business and pleasure. The business aspect came in the form of my magazine Velocity as I did a great interview with D.J. Baker of Da Doo Dirty Show and blogger extraordinaire Adam Benjamin Irby for the December / January issue. We initially met at 5am early Saturday morning at a diner in Manhattan since that's when me and Rodney got in town.

The interviews were great and I cant wait until the readers of Velocity are introduced to these two very interesting and classy men. I had a great time in New York. I stayed with my boy Rodney at his place in Brooklyn...I was like a little kid at Christmas time while I have been to New York several times I have never been outside of Manhattan so to be driving down the historic Flatbush Avenue was a thrill for me. There is no place like New York...case and point...we were involved in a slight accident due to the stupidity of a driver...nothing MAJOR just a cracked mirror. So as Rodney and I went to the police station there was a young lady in there begging and pleading to see her boyfriend whom had recently got arrested....now that's not too bad but when she asked the officer if she could go and get him and bring him to the front door so she could talk to him..I nearly fell out...needless to say her request was DENIED!

Sunday morning before I left, Rodney took me on Flatbush Avenue for some shopping...I loved it..I got a Navy P coat from Phat Alberts for $33.00!!!...I was siced (yes for those un-ebonic speaking people..that means excited) after that I saw a pair of shoes that will be coming home with daddy next weekend...and for the first time I saw four chain restaurants in one building...how do you have a Blimpie, Pizza Hut, Arthur Treachers and a Taco Bell under ONE ROOF!!!...I LOVED IT..I bet the training program is a bitch...today we teach you how to do burritos and next week we show you how to fry fish!

I really enjoyed my time this weekend...I will be back this coming weekend for a major event for Da Doo Dirty Show so if anyone is in New York that reads this holla at me and come out and mingle...thank you to Rodney for opening his beautiful home to me and fixing the BEST pasta dish that I have ever had!!!...Ant loves ya! and also thank you to D.J. Baker and Adam Irby for being so accommodating and forthcoming in their interviews.

Adam this one is for you: Faith Evans

No comments: