When I am standing on stage accepting my Academy Award..It wont be a surprise!

Monday, November 12, 2007

The One That Got Away.....

Today its rainy, cloudy and cold here and I decided that it would be a perfect day to go get soup and a sandwich from the deli...as I went into the deli...it happened...out walks the one that got away...you know the one that you had a relationship with and didnt fully appreciate until it was all over...well here we are face to face just looking at each other. Its been 7 years and wow...still looking great...we hugged, spoke and tried to act as if we were just two old friends who casually bumped into each other...it was nice.

After 20 minutes we exchanged the new numbers and parted ways...as I was ordering my food I thought about how difficult I was when we were in a realtionship and how I ended it abruptly...I finally realized that I caused someone elses hurt...and I felt bad...damn age and maturity....so now I have been feeling like using that number and calling to talk about the past and actually apologize...cause truth be told..I never felt loved the way I felt loved when we were together...so hmmm I dont know...decisions, decisions...so I was listening to my ipod and the perfect song started playing...

Madonna - One More Chance

2 comments:

Eb the Celeb said...

Why dont ya'll know what ya'll have til its gon?

antneya said...

Ebonne, I have been asking myself that since that day actually...lol...you know we men dont really mature until were like 50 or so...lol